Why and when we collect information from you
We collect data and information from users in order to:
- Provide a personalised experience and set of services to you. Your dashboard for instance gathers games you have bookmarked, sessions you have planned and games you may have created yourself.
- Monitor and improve our online contents and services.
We collect information from you when:
- You create a user account on the PlayDecide website.
- You use your account to publish contents, like games or sessions.
- You browse the PlayDecide website – see cookies section below.
We make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information. We commit to not sharing information you provided with third parties, except for:
- Anonymised data
- Publicly visible data linked to your user account, as outlined below.
About your PlayDecide user account
Creating a user account is required for certain actions on the PlayDecide website, for instance:
- Downloading games in pdf format
- Using the online game assistant that allows you to plan a session, guides you through the session and enables to record vote results
- Creating new PlayDecide games and translating existing ones
- Bookmarking favourite games
Some of the information you provide for your user account is publicly visible:
- Your name is displayed if you create a game.
- Your name, short bio, picture, organisation and organisation website are visible to other logged in users.
You can review and change this information under "Profile".
COOKIES: WHAT ARE THEY?
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to "remember" your actions or preferences over time.
Most browsers support cookies, but users can set their browsers to decline them and can delete them whenever they like.
WHAT COOKIES DOES THE PLAYDECIDE WEBSITE USE?
1. Functional cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember preferences or choices you made. Their aim is to provide a comfortable browsing experience for you. They do not gather any information remembering where you've been on the Internet.
2. Analytics and third parties cookies
We gather information about user demographics and behaviours on the website, in order to monitor the success of our different contents and services and improve them if necessary. We use analytics services developed and operated by another company: Google analytics. The user and event data retention is 26 months, and this permission is reset every time a user visits again. In other words, the data gets deleted if a user does not visit the PlayDecide website for 26 months. If there is less time than than this between two visits, the "clock resets".
On some pages of our website, other organisations may also set their own anonymous cookies. They do this to track the success of their application, or to customise the application for you. Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access these cookies, nor can the other organisation access the data in cookies we use on our website.
For example, when you share a game using a social-media sharing button, the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this.
HOW DO I TURN COOKIES OFF?
Most Internet browsers allow you to change your cookies settings. Here are the most common browsers’ help pages on cookies:
PlayDecide.eu has Universal web tracking opt-out on: when the server receives the Do-Not-Track header from a client browser, the Google Analytics module will not embed any tracking code. This applies to logged in users and disabled page caching.
Sources / thanks:
For any question, please contact email@example.com.